February’s challenge from 3 Dinosaurs and Royal Baloo is 28 Days of Fine Motor!
We’re just wrapping up the 31 Days of Gross Motor Challenge and we’re jumping right into the 28 Days of Fine Motor Challenge! We want you to do 30 minutes of fine motor activities every day for the month of February! Our challenge runs from Feb 1 to Feb 28!
The first Fine Motor Challenge linky will be up Feb 9th!
Here are some easy and quick fine motor activity ideas:
1. Transferring: Set up 2 bowls and something small (beads, buttons, beans, cereal). Your child will probably naturally start transferring the items from one bowl to the other!
2. Coloring: If you use short crayons/markers or break/cut regular crayons in half, your child will naturally use the pincer grip which is great fine motor practice!
3. Keys: We naturally hold keys using a pincer grip, so just playing with keys is great fine motor practice. There is also this great doorbell house toy from Melissa and Doug – Royal got it for his 3rd birthday and it has been a family favorite ever since!
4. Lacing – making necklaces, stringing beads, putting cheerios onto a strand of spaghetti.
5. Stacking blocks
6. Crafts – gluing macaroni, marshmallow, cereal, sequins, etc
7. Clothespins – attach clothespins to cardboard, baskets, bowls, string, etc
9. Water dropper play
10. Finger puppets
11. Finger painting
12. Puzzles – especially ones with knobs!
Here are some great blogs with tons of fine motor activities!
No Time for Flash Cards
Educators Spin on It – Fine motor pinterest board
The Imagination Tree
Mommas Fun World
Train up a Child Learn as we Go
Hands on as We Grow – Fine Motor Skills: 30 Materials & Activities
Hands on as We Grow -Fine Motor Activities
Creative Connections for Kids – Cutting up: Fine motor activities to help develop scissor skills.
Love Play Learn – 50 Fine Motor Skills Activities for Children
Nearest and Dearest
What we Do All Day
Mama Miss – beaded Bracelets
We hope you’ll join us in this challenge!! And if you’d like, feel free to use our button on your blog!