Homeschooling kindergarten was possibly one of my most favorite things to do. There is something so sweet and innocent about that age…
But when you have more than one child and you have a kindergartner (or preschool/toddler/etc) there will be times you need them occupied. This is why I love the idea of Busy Bags. They are educational/useful while also keeping them happily busy.
Plus, the kindergarteners can claim the bag as their own. I don’t know about everyone else, but my kids at 5 and 6 loved to have something of their very own.
The Top 3 Benefits of Busy Bags
- They are simple to put together. You don’t need $500 worth of supplies or hours to put them together. Some busy bags are literally just putting 2-3 items in a box together.
- They are easy to switch out. My kids get bored of the same thing easily. They like variety. The cool thing about busy bags is that you can switch out just a few items and have a completely new bag. A small amount of supplies can create and endless amount of bag options.
- They can be easily contained. If any of you have done sensory bins, you’ll understand why I’m pointing this out. Not all busy bags will be super clean or easily contained, but there are plenty of options to do that if you want!
So I had the chance to get my hands on the Busy Bags Kids Will Love book and I jumped at it. I liked the idea of having a quick and easy guide to new boxes. Things that I could put together without a lot of extra thought.
Other Benefits to Busy Bags Kids Will Love:
- It features QUIET activities. As parents, who doesn’t love a bit of quiet time? My kids are great at coming up with loud activities on their own. Working in some quiet activities is a lifesaver.
- They are easily adjustable. My kids are no longer preschoolers but I can take the projects from the book and make them work for us.
- They don’t require weird materials. I dislike those moments when you go to do an activity and you don’t have the one obscure (and necessary) item on the list.
Buy the Book
You can buy Busy Bags Kids Will Love at the following stores:
After purchasing, send an e-mail to sara(at)happybrownhouse(dot)com to get a free printables that goes with the book!